Monday, December 13, 2010

E-Flash From Dan, Dec. 13, 2010

Dear E-Flash Friends;

A friend said to me, recently, “People go to church on Christmas and Easter.”

I said, “Good.  I’ll be seeing you at church pretty soon, then, right?”

He laughed and said, “I’m not one of those people.”

Despite the tricky reply, my friend has a valid point.  A fairly good number of people will go to church on Christmas or Easter when they might not frequent church services very often during other times of the year.  So, that presents us with an opportunity!

We will be celebrating Christmas this Sunday, December 19th at 9am & 11am.  And we will also be celebrating Christmas on Christmas Eve, at 9pm.

I hope you are planning on attending these services (I know I am) and I would like to ask you to pray with me about inviting someone to these services.  This could be a time where one of our friends could encounter God in a fresh and meaningful way—perhaps even an eternity-altering way.  Wouldn’t that be cool?

I’m excited about Christmas…because I’m excited about Jesus!  I hope you are, too.

Love and blessings….and Merry Christmas to you!


Dan


P.S.  The day AFTER Christmas is Sunday, this year.  I will be speaking on the subject:  “After Christmas, Then What?”  We will be combining the 9am and 11am services for one big, thrilling, praise-filled, inspiring service at 10 am!  If you miss this one you will be kicking yourself for the rest of the year.  (Actually, that will only be 5 more days.  But still.  That’s a long time to be kicking yourself.)



No comments: