Thursday, June 17, 2010

E-Flash From Dan, 6/17/10

Dear E-Flash Friends;

I just saw the remake of the movie “Karate Kid”.  It was a tad long but, all in all, pretty good.  Although, you might want to take that positive endorsement with a grain of salt because I love movies involving the martial arts way more than the average person.

(I still have daydreams in which I step in to save a defenseless victim who is being bullied by hardened thugs and I beat up 6 bad guys all at one time.  In keeping with my faith, I then help the ruffians to see the error of their ways and lead them all to Christ. …It’s sort of a long complicated daydream.  At one point, we even take up an offering.)

I think the simple, but important, lesson of the movie is this:  If life is difficult and your problems seem insurmountable, win a kung fu tournament.  Boy, I just need to pause for a moment and soak in that lesson.  If you’re like me, that’s a truth that will sustain you for many months to come.

Speaking of Father’s Day….

(I learned how to make snazzy transitions like that in a creative writing class.)

…Speaking of Father’s Day, it’s coming up this Sunday, June 20th.  This is the day in which we honor dads and thank them for all their love, help, encouragement, lawn mowing, wise advice, and support.

I hope you’re planning to be here this Sunday, 9am or 11am, we’re going to have terrific music which will glorify God and we’ll honor our dads, too.  Plus, I have a few neat stories to tell about fathers in the message I’m preparing.  In fact, in one of the stories I beat up 6 bad guys all at one time and then help them to see the error of their ways….oh wait…hold on…oops, my bad…that one has nothing to do with Father’s Day.

Well, I hope you’ll come, anyhow.  We really are planning to have a special day.  Really.

Hope your week has been a good one.

Blessings,

Dan


P.S.  If your dad is around, why not invite him to come to church?  We want to tell him thanks.

P.P.S.  If you would like to have the "E-Flash From Dan" sent directly to your e-mail, just send a message to:  cog111st@aol.com
And write:  "Send me the E-Flash" in the subject field.

No comments: