Tuesday, May 24, 2016

We Are More Than Conquerors!

Recently I heard someone giving a word of encouragement to a friend by telling him, “We are more than conquerors!”

The man who was giving the encouragement was referring to a Bible verse. The verse is found in Romans 8:37. It says, “…[I]n all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.”

The larger context of the passage is describing God’s extraordinary, unconditional, never-ending love for His children. The passage gives the wonderful assurance that nothing can ever separate us from God’s love.

And because of this persistent love of God we can conquer any trouble which comes our way. But the phrase I mentioned earlier is actually even a bit more inspiring and exciting because we are not just conquerors when it comes to the challenges we face, rather God’s unstoppable love makes us MORE than conquerors!

With His love, our ability to conquer the forces that intend to defeat us goes above and beyond.


This is so good it is almost hard for me to believe. In fact, I had to go back and re-read this post because I surprised myself with the encouragement God gives. But I certainly am grateful it is true!

No comments: