Tuesday, June 4, 2013

I'm Home From The Angiogram Procedure

I had the angiogram procedure, last night.  (That makes two angiograms in less than two weeks.  But who’s counting?)  The cardiac team: 1) “installed” another stent; 2) they did an “angioplasty” on an artery (that’s the technique where a balloon-type device is used to open blockage); and 3) they did a rotor blade technique to open up blockage in yet another artery.  (The rotor blade is like a tiny drill and… well you get the picture.)

I woke up 3 times during the angiogram process.  That’s not a joke.  I really did.  And I can report to you that it was… um, what’s the right word…? Oh yeah: TERRIBLE!!!  It felt like some people were on the inside of my body (which they were) poking a pencil into my heart.  (They weren’t poking a pencil they were just drilling through build up in my artery.  It’s similar.)

But I’m still here and now the pain from the procedure is gone and I am feeling much, much better.

I got home a couple of hours ago.

Thank you, once again, to everyone who was praying for me.  I cannot tell you how much I love you and appreciate your support.

And, of course, I thank God for His mercy.

“The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; his mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.”
Lamentations 3:22-23

Love,
Dan


No comments: