Thursday, December 8, 2011

E-Flash From Dan -- December 8, 2011

Dear E-Flash Friends;

For hundreds of years, during the Christmas season, children all across the world have gathered in Oak Lawn, Illinois and completely forgotten about Santa Claus as they waited with eager anticipation for the event that we all know as Yia Yia Palooza.

…Oh, wait a minute.  That’s right.  This year will only be the second time we’ve ever held Yia Yia Palooza.  Well, never mind about all the children gathering for hundreds of years, then.  However, a pretty good sized group of us gathered for the Promiseland Christmas program (a.k.a., Yia Yia Palooza) last year and we had a wonderful time.

Even now, my mind is harkening back to the music, the skits, the tasty snacks, the sound system troubles, the children’s warm smiles, the police SWAT team intervention—it all made Yia Yia Palooza a magical night to remember.  I think you’re going to want to be here.

I invite you to join us for this year’s Promiseland Christmas program, Yia Yia Palooza, this Sunday, December 11th at 5pm.  I don’t know about you, but nothing could keep me away!

(Unless TBS runs that “Barnaby Jones” marathon, again.  I’d definitely stay home for that.)

Also, I hope you’re planning to be at the service on Sunday morning (9am or 11am).  The worship team is planning a terrific service, we will be having Communion, and I will be bringing a practical message from an interesting section of Scripture, Ecclesiastes 11:1-5.  For sure, nothing could keep me away from the Sunday morning services…even that “Barnaby Jones” marathon.
 
Hope to see you this Sunday morning… and evening.

Blessings,

Dan



P.S.  If you would like to have the E-Flash From Dan sent directly to your e-mail, send an e-mail message to cog111st@aol.com and type "Send me the E-Flash" in the "subject" field.


No comments: