Saturday, December 3, 2011

Christmas Decorating And Spreading Holiday Cheer!

I’m sitting here listening to Christmas music.  Taylor has been putting up Christmas decorations and I have been DJ-ing.  Hey, someone has to be in charge of the music, right?  It’s some pretty cool jamming, baby! 

(Alright, I don’t actually see your eyes rolling, but I’ve got a pretty good imagination.)

Speaking of Christmas music, by the way, do yourself a favor and listen to Bryan Duncan’s version of The First Noel.  Seriously, I love it.  If this was an audio file instead of just text I would play it for you right now and you would be blessed and say, “That was great, Dan, thank you!”

So, I’ll just go ahead and say, “You’re welcome.”

Then you would probably add, “And for the record, Dan, you’re a pretty decent DJ.”

“Thank you.”

I think about my parents more as Christmas approaches (my mom loved Christmas).  I’m blessed to have many incredible memories of Christmas when I was young.  So, I’m going to tip back an eggnog, continue listening to the music, and reminisce.

You know what?  Here’s an idea.  If your parents are still around, give them a call and say, “Just wanted to tell you, again, that I love you.”

When they say, “Okay, what’s going on?  What do you want, now?”

Say, “Nothing.  Can’t a guy [or gal] call during this season when we remember the Savior’s birth and express some love for wonderful parents?”

Take notice that, at this point, they may think it’s a wrong number.

……Or, they may wipe away a tear of joy.

You’re welcome.










No comments: