Sunday, August 9, 2020

Watching a Hallmark Movie

  

I was watching a movie on the Hallmark Channel, late this afternoon. In the movie a man and woman fall in love with each other but it looks like they are not going to get together. Frankly, it would be very impractical for them to be together. Reasonable, sober-minded thinking would lead them to the conclusion that they should not get together!

But then, right at the end of the movie, it’s very surprising, they do wind up getting together, after all. It’s very touching, in a warm Toll House cookie sort of way. And incredibly unpredictable. The whole thing really threw me!

Just before the final credits, the man and woman confess their true love and kiss. At that point, I want to make it clear, I do not have tears in my eyes and I’m sick and tired of people suggesting that I do.

I know…I need to develop an appreciation for more substantive cinematic quality but I can’t help myself. I keep watching these Hallmark movies.


No comments: