Sunday, August 23, 2020

Give it a try?

I didn’t always feel this way but now, I must admit, I like it when people “give it a try.”

That’s the message I want you to receive: Go ahead and give it a try!

Maybe what you attempt won’t wind up being the greatest, but give it a try, anyhow.

Maybe people will laugh and make fun of you, and throw small wadded up pieces of paper at you from the other side of the room, but give it a try, anyhow.

Maybe someone will make a video recording of you while you are unsuccessfully attempting your achievement and post the video online and you will cry for several hours and be humiliated, but give it a try, anyhow.

Maybe future generations will hear about your failed efforts and put up a large sign near the expressway with your picture on it which says, “Here’s the guy who completely messed up. Not only was he a total failure, but he was an embarrassment to his family, too!”  …But give it a try, anyhow.

Maybe you will waste a shameful amount of time, money and energy, and be asked by members of the community to pack up and leave town…

Um…

Hey... you know what? I just went back and re-read what I’ve written so far and I realize it’s not exactly the exciting, motivational piece I intended it to be. I was hoping it would have a different feel. You know, an inspirational feel! Perhaps even a touch of encouragement and zest! To be honest, I feel badly about it. It’s not what I hoped for.

Oh well…

At least I gave it a try!

No comments: