Wednesday, February 3, 2016

It Is Interesting To See How God Provides

A few months ago someone shook my hand after one of our church services and I felt something other than her hand in my hand. When I looked down at my palm I saw that the paper substance which she had transferred to my hand was money. The amount of money was more than just 20 or 30 dollars. In fact, it was more than just 100 dollars.

The person who shook my hand said, “Give this to someone who is in need.”

I said, “Alright. Thank you, I will do that.”

This kind person was not looking for applause. She wasn’t looking to have her name mentioned in a service or an online post. In fact, it is clear her desire was to remain invisible. She was responding to God’s leading in her heart.

About a week later I became aware of a need and I gave this money to the person in need.

This person was extremely grateful for the help. She was simply telling me about some struggles, she was not expecting this form of assistance.

At first she said, “Oh no Dan, I couldn’t accept this much money from you.”

I said, “It’s not from me. I’m not the source of this money, someone else is.”

The woman said, “Who? Who is giving me this money?”

I thought about it for a moment and then I told her the truth: “God is.”

“And my God will meet all your needs according to the riches of his glory in Christ Jesus.” Philippians 4:19


No comments: