Friday, February 5, 2016

E-Flash From Dan, February 5, 2016 - Super Bowl 50 Edition

Dear E-Flash Friends;

I just saw the results of a large nationwide survey which indicated that a significant majority of Americans said the best way to start the day, on Super Bowl Sunday, was to go to church. In fact, many of them expressed a strong desire to hear a sermon in order to really get the day rolling properly.

What a fantastic finding, huh? That information makes me feel terrific!

Um…

Hold on…

Wait a minute…

…Okay, I admit I just made up those survey results. I’m sorry. There was no such study conducted. This is just another example of my wishful thinking hard at work. But hey, can you blame a guy for trying to be optimistic and hopeful?

The truth is I’m hoping you will be at church this Sunday, Feb. 7th, because we are going to have some terrific services. I have been preparing diligently and am excited to be talking about the truth that God provides for us. Our awareness of this important reality can genuinely make a difference in our lives.

And the worship team has some wonderful music planned.

I was talking with a friend today who told me that when the worship team leads us in the services it is a time of joy! I agree.

You won’t want to miss this great chance to be joyful!

By the way, in all seriousness, the Super Bowl has a later start time this year. It starts at 5:30 p.m., Central time. So you could come to either the 9am or 11am service and still watch the game; the pre-game programming; the pre-pre game programing; and have plenty of time to eat tons of chicken wings. (Just trying to offer some helpful info.)

Hope to see you this Sunday!

Love and blessings

Dan


P.S. Coming to the services this Sunday will not result in any conflict if you are planning to watch Downton Abbey either.

No comments: