Thursday, December 4, 2014

The Creepy Doll Is In My Office Looking At Me

Andrea came into my office last night as we were closing up the building and she had a doll wrapped in a blanket in her arms.

She said, “We’re going to be using this for the nativity scene at Yia Yia Palooza.  Do you mind if I keep it in your office until then?”

I said, “No, I don’t mind.”

Chuckling, Andrea set the doll in one of the chairs on the other side of my desk.

I did a double take and said, “Is that Rachel’s creepy doll I wrote about last year—the one that frightened several people on the plane?”

Now, she was laughing, “Yep, that’s it.”  And she adjusted the doll so that it was sitting up in the chair.

So, this creepy doll has been sitting in the chair across from my desk staring at me today.  Every now and then, out of the corner of my eye, I get the impression that it’s moving.  But I’m pretty sure it isn’t. 

If I wind up missing sometime over the next few days it will be reasonable to request that the police put out an all-points bulletin initiating a search for this doll.

No comments: