Thursday, June 28, 2012

E-Flash From Dan, June 28, 2012


Dear E-Flash Friends;

I posted this thought online yesterday and it got some fun responses:

Sometimes I stand back and look at the people that God has brought into my life and think, “Boy, what an unusual, interesting, diverse, fun, zany band of characters!”  Then I smile and joyfully thank God for each one!

God has blessed me with wonderful relationships and, of course, many of the relationships that are most precious to me are in the church body here in Oak Lawn.  I thank God for each of you!

I’m writing this message early in the afternoon on Thursday and it’s already 99 degrees outside.  It’s exciting!  I can’t wait to go outside a bit later this afternoon and fry an egg on the sidewalk here at church.  Well, that’s what everyone else is planning to do today, right?

But before the egg frying, I want to let you know that I’m still working on the message for this Sunday, July 1st.  The title is:  “Jesus Is The One” and it’s based on John 1:29-34.  It’s a great passage in which John the Baptist testifies to the truth that God has revealed to him regarding Jesus.  The message is going to be challenging and very encouraging. 

And the worship team has some great things planned, too.  (They always do a great job of leading us in worship, don’t they?)

Oh, I know it’s a holiday weekend but come on!  I’m really hoping that you are going to figure out a way to be able to make it this Sunday (9 or 11 am) because I know you will be blessed if you’re here.

By the way, thanks to everyone for being so supportive of my new book, “That’s A Very Good Question!”  Here is a link to a podcast in which I talk with Vic about the book and read a brief excerpt from it.  I hope you can take a moment to listen.


Be safe and have fun (yes, it’s possible to do both)!

Hope to see you Sunday.

Love and blessings,

Dan


No comments: