Thursday, March 10, 2011

E-Flash From Dan -- Switch To Daylight Saving Time This Weekend

Dear E-Flash Friends;

On Wednesday night at the worship team rehearsal, Diane said to the group, “Hey everyone, don’t forget to set your clocks one hour ahead on Saturday night!” 

When she said those words many folks responded saying, “Ohhh, really?”  Others glanced at each other with bewildered looks on their faces.  Several folks said, “Is that this weekend?!?”  And I quickly recognized that there was quite a bit of surprise regarding the matter.  It helped that 5 or 6 people actually said, “We’re quite surprised about this matter.”  (As you can see, I’m gifted at picking up on subtle clues.)

At that moment my mission became crystallized in my mind…

“Dan,” I thought to myself, “you better go, right after this practice is over, and send an E-Flash to communicate with everyone very clearly that we change to Daylight Saving Time this weekend!” (Saturday, March 12th.)  Unfortunately, my internal voice always puts me to sleep.  So, I was out cold for a couple of hours and when I awoke, I forgot about the whole matter. 

…And everyone was gone.

But I just remembered my important mission a few minutes ago and rather than remind myself with my internal voice (I can’t afford to fall prey to that sleep thing again).  I’ve come right here to the computer to type out this note.

Here’s my important message:  This weekend we switch to Daylight Saving Time.  That means we need to set our clocks AHEAD one hour on Saturday, March 12th!

Actually, I’m setting my alarm clock ahead tonight (Thursday) just to be extra cautious.  I like to play it safe.




So, don’t forget:  Set the clocks one hour ahead on Saturday!

Uh oh, there goes that internal voice again.  I’m starting to get drowsy… very drowsy…

See you Sunday!

Love and blessings,

Dan


P.S.  Title of the message this weekend: “How Are People Saved?”  This might be the perfect Sunday for someone you know!  Why not take a risk and make an invite?

P.P.S.  We’ll be celebrating Communion on Sunday, too.  It’s going to be a wonderful, encouraging, inspiring, God-honoring day!



No comments: