Friday, April 30, 2021

Playing a guitar my friend Dennis made

My friend Dennis is a deep thinker, with a keen mind, who challenges me with interesting ideas and thoughts. He is also a self-taught guitar maker. When I say self-taught of course I mean that his years of working with wood have been combined with lots of insights from YouTube. And voila!

Dennis has made some beautiful guitars including the ones you see in these photos. Dennis made every part of these guitars except the frets, strings, tuning gears and the truss rod which goes through the neck. They represent tremendous creativity and craftsmanship.

The inside support structure of these guitars involves the type of design that is found in a sea shell. I would explain that concept further but I don’t really know how. So I’ll leave it at that. But in spite of my limited understanding I can tell you this: It is totally unique and very cool!

Thanks for letting me see and play some of your works of art, Dennis!


 




No comments: