Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Excerpt of a letter from a guy named Paul

This is an excerpt of a letter written by a fellow named Paul while he was in prison. What he writes reveals a faith in Jesus that was so certain that he was not, at all, afraid of dying. It is almost impossible to intimidate or frighten someone who is not afraid of death.

What follows is a small part of Paul’s letter to these folks whom he dearly loved. The recipients of the letter looked to Paul as a spiritual leader:

“For to me, living means living for Christ, and dying is even better. But if I live, I can do more fruitful work for Christ. So I really don’t know which is better. I’m torn between two desires: I long to go and be with Christ, which would be far better for me. But for your sakes, it is better that I continue to live. Knowing this, I am convinced that I will remain alive so I can continue to help all of you grow and experience the joy of your faith.”

No comments: