Monday, January 25, 2016

I Am God's Friend

We sang a song in our services yesterday titled “I Am A Friend of God.”

I am familiar with the song. We have sung it in our services in the past and I have heard it on the radio a number of times. It’s a nice song and I’ve always liked it.

Yesterday, however, the truth which this song conveys gripped my heart in a way which has not occurred before. It’s sort of weird because I am a Christian pastor. The idea that God thinks of me as His friend is a biblical concept with which I am familiar. This is not a new idea to me.

But sometimes a truth we know becomes conscious to us and relevant to us in a profound new way and we come to “know” it in a manner we have not previously known it. I sat playing this song over and over on my computer last night and my heart was rejoicing.

It is empowering, uplifting, encouraging… it is extraordinary. I write this with no sense of bravado or pride. I write it with tremendous love, peace and gratitude in my heart. I am God’s friend.

No comments: