Wednesday, January 20, 2016

A 94 Year Old Shares Some Wisdom With Me

Yesterday I was at a nursing home visiting someone. As I was leaving, an elderly woman was shuffling into the elevator in her wheel chair. I could tell she was determined to get somewhere.

I said, “You get around pretty good in that chair.” And we both entered the elevator.

She said, “Yeah,” shaking her head, “I can still walk but they want me to use this wheel chair because I’ve fallen a few times.” She continued, “I’m doing alright for 94.”

I said, “You’re 94 years old?!?”

With a big smile she said, “Well, I’ll be 95 on Friday.”

I said, “It’s great to see you moving around and being active.”

There was a twinkle in her eye and I could tell her mind was sharp. She said, “You have to get out and do things in life. If you don’t that’s when you start to lose it. And I don’t want to lose it.”

So there are some words of wisdom for today from someone who has a lot of years under her belt and yet is still going strong.


No comments: