Saturday, August 22, 2015

We Can Trust God In The Small Details

I had a very minor situation which occurred recently in which it would have been perfectly reasonable for me to clarify a matter which would then make a case beneficial to myself about a particular issue. I’m not talking about something over which there would have been great disagreement or arguing, frankly, in the big scheme of things this is very small. However a calm, simple clarification of things would have been understandable and would have been to my benefit.

But I had a sense I should just leave it alone and if the minor clarification to my benefit was recognized that would be fine. On the other hand, if the minor clarification to my benefit was not recognized that would be okay, too.

I felt impressed to approach the situation in this way: I will trust God to bring the clarification, or not.

Please understand I’m not trying to present myself as a wonderful marvel of the Christian faith—I’m definitely not a wonderful marvel of the Christian faith. (Although at one time, I came in 2nd place in a Bible trivia contest that included 3 players. So, I’ve got that going for me.) I’m only reporting to you that this was the approach I felt led to take.

Well, it turns out God did bring the clarification to my benefit.

You say, “What is all of this supposed to prove, buster? Do you think you’re special or something?”

No.

The whole episode was simply a gentle little reminder to me, once again, that God is involved in the small details of life and I can trust Him at every level of life. It was also a reminder that God continues to be much nicer to me than I deserve.


No comments: