Wednesday, June 10, 2015

"Someday In The Future" Needs To Become: "We're Doing It Today!"

As I have gotten older and have a larger percentage of my past upon which to reflect, I have come to realize I have done a little too much “I’m-going-to-do-that-someday-in-the-future” type of thinking in my approach to life.

Today I was listening to a podcast as I was walking and the speaker on the podcast reminded me that sometimes people who do too much “someday-in-the-future” type of thinking never get around to this point: “Okay, let’s go. We’re actually doing it today!:”

I don’t want all of my adventures to be unrealized longings which only exist in my imagination of the future. It is time to write some of them on the schedule and get the plans in motion so they actually happen.

So… ballroom dancing lessons, here we come!!!

(Just kidding, ballroom dancing is not on the “someday-in-the-future” wish list.)


No comments: