Tuesday, May 19, 2015

We Need God's Presence

One of the most important and helpful truths Jesus tells His followers is: “Be sure of this: I am with you always…” Matt. 28:20.

When we are acting in obedience to God we are not doing so because we have initiated some clever scheme based on our own thinking and ideas. When we act in obedience to God we are doing what He has initiated; on the authority of Jesus; with His help, strength and leading. And when we do this, He is present with us.

This is incredibly important to me because I am weak, easily frightened and prone to seeking the approval of others. So I cannot do what God calls me to do. I am incapable of following Him… [here is the important part]… without His presence.

“With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God.” [Jesus] Mark 10:27


No comments: