Thursday, May 7, 2015

Another Mistake - We Don't All Have The Same Experiences

A while back I was talking with someone and in the course of our conversation I made the assumption that he had a particular type of experience. It’s embarrassing to admit but I made this assumption because everyone who comes from the type of background I come from would have had this type of experience.

When the person pointed out that, in fact, he had not had this experience I apologized for my mistake and was reminded of a simple lesson you would think a guy my age would have down pat. We don’t all have the same experiences. We don’t all walk the same path. We don’t all know the same things.

I realize this is incredibly basic but, unfortunately, there I was making this simple mistake not too long ago.

I’m hoping one of these days I’m going to get it in such a way that the lesson sticks.


No comments: