Friday, February 8, 2013

When Citizens Humbly Turn To God


Even the citizens of a great and powerful country like the United States must be willing to humble themselves and turn to God, which also involves returning to the first principles that led to the country’s greatness.  A refusal to do this reflects the kind of dangerous hubris that led to the fall of Rome and the other great powers of the past.

“Powerful free people die only by their own hand, and free people have no one to blame but themselves.  What the world seems fascinated to watch but powerless to stop is the spectacle of a free people’s suicide.”  From the book “A Free People’s Suicide,” by Os Guinness.

“…If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.” 2 Chronicles 7:14



No comments: