Tuesday, February 5, 2013

I Fell Asleep During A Client Meeting... Oops


One afternoon, following lunch, I was sitting with a client in a warm conference room going through telephone bills for their hundreds of corporate locations.  It was tedious work and the client talked non-stop in a low monotone.

In the midst of all this, somehow, unintentionally, I fell asleep!

For those who are not familiar with the business world, you should know that most business experts recommend that you stay awake while talking with an important client.  (That’s a business tip for the young people who may be reading this.  No charge!  Hey, I’m glad to help.)

I was only asleep for 10 seconds, or so, and fortunately the client was so busy with his eternal monologue that he didn’t notice.  He even missed my very small amount of drool on his sleeve. 

But I learned a valuable lesson that day and thus began my deep and abiding love for Mountain Dew.


No comments: