Monday, September 27, 2010

Nadia's Birthday And Dessert...And Dessert

“Where would you like to go for dinner tonight?” I asked Nadia.

It’s her birthday, today, so I let her select any place she desired, McDonalds, Wendy’s, Taco Bell, it doesn’t matter.  No sir.  When I’m in a generous mood like this, I get crazy!

She said, “I was thinking about P.F. Chang.”

I said, “Okay, that’s good.  When you stop thinking about whatever issues you have involving Mr. Chang, then start thinking about a restaurant, and let me know.”

But it turns out that P.F. Chang is a restaurant.  So, that’s where we went.  [Psst, guys?  It’s a little pricier than McDonalds.]

We had a nice meal and Nadia opened her card and present right there in the restaurant.  Fortunately, she really loved her necklace and bracelet.  And she kissed me several times after she looked at it.  This, once again, proves that she loves me despite what some of the skeptics, and news analysts, and Washington, D.C. think-tanks have tried to suggest.

At the end of the dinner, dessert was served in small glasses.  Have you seen these things?  It seems like a popular way to serve dessert, these days.  The glass looks like a tall version of a shot glass.  It really does not contain a lot of dessert but I think that’s the idea.  It’s more like a “taste” of dessert rather than a big, coma-inducing helping of dessert.




At P.F. Chang's enjoying some tea.


It turned out to be good for us that the desserts were served in these small glasses because both Nadia and I are trying to be more cautious these days about what we eat.  And it was good because the small dessert glasses gave Nadia a legitimate excuse to say, “I’d like to go out for ice cream, since that wasn’t much of a dessert and, after all, it’s my birthday!”

Well, the most brilliant debater in the world couldn’t even begin to argue with that air-tight logic.  Am I right?

So, we found our way to a local Oberweis store and we enjoyed some ice cream.  (For the record, I had frozen yogurt.  That’s almost like having a carrot, isn’t it?  In terms of health and nutritional value, I’m going to assume that a frozen yogurt cone is equivalent to…oh…what? Four or five sticks of celery?  Sure.)

Well, that was Nadia’s night of birthday fun and frivolity.  We’re back home now and Nadia has spent the past half hour, or so, trying to catch her breath because that much fun, all at one time?  Well, come on.  I think we all know, it can take it out of a gal.

 





At Oberweis holding a small box of chocolates.









      Back home, catching her breath, after a thrilling evening of fun and adventure.


No comments: