Sunday, July 11, 2021

If not for God's mercy I would be lost

In the course of my life the mistakes, pride, sin, incompetence, foolishness, wrongs, misdirected anger, willful ignorance, terrible attitudes, lack of wisdom and careless words have been many. To say I have fallen short is almost describing it in a way that is too kind.

“…[F]or all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God…” Romans 3:23

I know Romans 3:23 to be true from firsthand experience. It is embarrassing.

If not for God’s mercy and grace, I would be lost. Thank you Lord for being compassionate to characters like me.

“The Lord is compassionate and merciful, slow to get angry and filled with unfailing love.” Psalm 103:8

“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.” 1 John 1:9

No comments: