Saturday, December 5, 2020

A Rare and Incredible Talent. I Miss Him.


I was just watching some video clips of Robin Williams. What a stunning comic force of nature he was. His wit; his ability to go from one character and voice to another in seconds; his lightning fast speed with improvisational humor; it was extraordinary.

 

As someone who has tried to stand in front of a group of people and generate laughs (and not being successful at it, on more than a few occasions) I marvel at Robin’s talent. It is almost as if he is from another planet. His comic talent not only makes me laugh but it makes my mouth drop open in awe.

 

To say that Robin was in a category all by himself is a tremendous understatement.

 

It seems like so many great comedians die too soon. It makes me sad because I miss the person. But it also makes me sad because we need all the laughter we can get.

No comments: