Tuesday, January 21, 2020

The Royals are pranking us. Right?


I’m laughing because I heard another news update regarding two of the most lucky, fortunate, privileged people on planet Earth complaining about their really tough life circumstances as royalty. Literal royalty.

I keep smiling and thinking: “This has to be a prank, right? Any minute now they’re going to laugh and say: Ha! We got you!”

And we’ll all crack up and say, “Ohhh, you tricksters! You really had us there! We totally fell for it!”

And then dozens of servants will come out of hiding places, chuckling, and whisk them back to the castle for champagne, caviar and freshly baked cookies.

As I get older I’ve noticed that the craziness we encounter in the process of simply observing real life is often funnier than the stuff professional entertainers come up with to make us laugh.


P.S. In my imagination, royalty would frequently enjoy freshly baked cookies. Come on, what’s the point of being part of a royal family if you didn’t have freshly baked cookies all the time?

No comments: