Friday, September 2, 2016

E-Flash From Dan, September 2, 2016

Dear E-Flash Friends;

Jesus tells a group of people at a church in a place called Laodicea [my paraphrase], “You’re not hot or cold. You are lukewarm. It’s the lukewarm part that bothers me. In fact, it makes me want to spit you out of my mouth.”

I know. I know. That is a vivid metaphor and it is a pretty unusual thing to say to a church. You might be thinking, “What is He getting at?”

I’m glad you asked! That’s what we will be talking about this Sunday, September 4th. We are finishing up our series on the 7 messages to 7 churches from the book of Revelation. It is going to be interesting, challenging and helpful. Really!

It is Friday night as I write these words and the worship team rehearsal just ended. So I know from firsthand experience, we will have some terrific music. God will be honored.

You won’t want to miss it!

I realize it is Labor Day weekend but it seems to me the best plan for Sunday morning would be something like this: Get up. Go to church, first. And then do whatever else the day holds.

(…Hey, a guy can express his hopes and desires, right?)

Speaking of expressing my hopes, I hope to see you this Sunday!

Love and blessings,

Dan

First Church of God
4600 W. 111th Street
Oak Lawn, IL


9am or 11am

No comments: