Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Someone Following Me

Last night, at about 10 pm, I went for a walk.  After I had been out for a while I noticed there was someone else who was out walking and he was about 25 yards behind me. At first he caught my attention because his shoes were clicking on the sidewalk.

I didn't really think much about it until after I had taken several turns down various blocks in the neighborhood and it occurred to me that he was still behind me.

I began to think “this is a little bit strange” when I took a few more turns and he was still behind me.

“Is it possible this guy is following me?” I thought.

And almost immediately my next thought was, “Oh come on, no one's following you.”

But when I took another turn and he was still behind me I actually began to think about a strategy.  “How am I going to respond if this guy actually tries to do something strange?” I pondered.

But I also continued to tell myself, “For crying out loud, stop being so dramatic!”

Finally, I came to a point where I took a left turn and the person following me took a right turn.  After I walked a short distance in my new direction I glanced back over my shoulder to look for the person who had been following me.  And at the same moment he was glancing back over his shoulder looking at me.

I thought, “What are you looking at?!?  You’re the one who was following me.  I should be glancing over my shoulder for any further signs of trouble, not you!”

But I reassured myself.  “See?  Your mind is always inventing crazy scenarios and trying to turn nothing into something.”

Just then 6 Samurai-Shaolin-Lethal-Ninja-Warrior-Monks jumped out from behind the bushes.  Some of you know, I’ve had some health issues recently and—I’m embarrassed to say—it took me almost 3 minutes to dispatch them all.  I’m really slowing down.

So, what’s the point of all this?  It’s simple, I’m just trying to let everyone know there are some parts of Oak Lawn where it’s important to watch out for aggressive roving
Samurai-Shaolin-Lethal-Ninja-Warrior-Monks. 

Other than that everything has been fairly routine, lately.


No comments: