Friday, August 13, 2010

Our Youth Group Is Leading The Music Worship Time, This Sunday

I’ve been watching our church Youth Group rehearsing tonight.  They will be leading the music worship time at the services, this Sunday, Aug. 15th, 9am & 11am.  What a blast!  Everyone who was present agreed that it is going to be great!  I’ve decided that I’m officially a member of their fan club.  Yep, you read that correctly, I’ve switched my allegiance from the Jonas Brothers.  Our group is cooler…and funnier.  But it’s pretty even on who has the better hair.

They’ve been working hard and they take this time of leading the worship seriously, but I think they’re really having fun, too.  It’s serious fun.  (That’s the best kind.)

They even had Teresa P. on hand to provide coaching.  (I’m not sure why she kept having them run wind sprints but, oh well, that’s Teresa.  She’s like a Marine drill sergeant.  She even made me do 20 push-ups while she stacked Bibles on my back, and I was just there as an observer.)

At one point, during the final run-through, the Youth were singing and lifting their hands in praise and it was a powerful moment even for those of us who were present simply watching the rehearsal.  I looked at the people around me and said, “This is going to be awesome on Sunday.”  Everyone smiled and nodded their heads.

I’ll say it again, I think this will be one for the record books.  And you can’t say, “No one told me about it.”  Because I’m telling you right now.

You can’t say, “But I was tired and I slept in, this Sunday.”

Because you’ve still got time, right now, to make plans to go to bed early on Saturday.

You can’t say, “But I’m planning to wash my hair for several hours on Sunday morning.”

Because I happen to know your hair can be washed in under 8 minutes.  (Especially you guys with the shaved heads.)

In fact, I’m hoping that we’ll all try to invite a friend this Sunday.  It seems like people frequently report being encouraged and blessed when they accept an invitation and come to a service.

Alright, I’ve got to sign off.  Teresa just called and ordered me to sprint 8 laps around the block.  Gotta’ run…


No comments: